The most interesting monument of Shadrinsk is the sculptural composition “Old Town”. However, another unofficial name of the composition is more well known – the monument to the Shadrinsky goose. It can be seen near the building of the museum of local lore.
In the old town, founded on the banks of Iset in 1662, preserved buildings of the XVIII – XIX centuries. One of the halls of the local museum of local lore is devoted to the life and work of the famous painter and sculptor Ivan Shadr. In honor of the beloved city, the master took for himself the surname Shadr instead of Ivanov. The most famous creations of Ivan Shadr are “Girl with a paddle” and “Cobblestone – an instrument of the proletariat”. It is unlikely that the Russians know that the sculptor studied from Rodin himself.
Shadrinsk is divided into such areas as the Triangle Depot and the Central, as well as such settlements as the New, Oseevo, Northern and Khlyzovo.